Re: Halogen Head lights?

To: wmgilroy@lucent.com
Subject: Re: Halogen Head lights?
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:40:53 PST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>  Bill Gilroy wrote:
>I'm confused, and that not a first.  Won't a fuse or a breaker protect
>the wiring?  I thought the advantage of a breaker is that you are able
>reset it, without replacing the unit.  Am I missing something?
>
>Bill Gilroy
>77 Midget
>90 Shar-Pei
 You are correct Bill. The advantage of a self resetting circuit breaker
is that if you are driving down a dark road and a fuse blows you had
better remember where that approaching curve is. With a circuit breaker
the lights will flash back on. Even if it is a short the breaker will at
least flash the lights on and off and hopefully allow you to pull over
safely. Also until you find the short the fuses will keep blowing, how
many spare fuses do you carry with you?
Most auto parts stores sell a circuit breaker that will fit right in to
the fuse holder and cost about $5.00.
Regards,
Peter S.