Re: Ca Title

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ca Title
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 10:18:25 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 07:14 PM 2/27/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello everyone. Im new to to the list and have a sprite, i think its a 65
>HAN8L is part of the vin. I got it from a family member that has passed away
>and i have no title. Was wonderin if any one out there knows how i go about
>gettin a title. I know its from cali, i live in nevada. I have some old
>plates that were in the car but not sure if there for the car.
>
> i also have some questions about the car. it has the SU carbs, what kinda
>oil is best to use in the dampers and how full do you fill them?
>
> And whats the easyest way to determin if the car is a neg or pos ground. it
>has no battery and no cables.
>
>thanks
>
>Mike
>
>Mike,

We just went through a similar experience last year with our Sprite. It had
come from Colorado to California without a title.

California DMV had us request Colorado DMV to do a title search and provide
us with a document (Statement of Facts) stating  that there were no
existing titles or liens on the car in Colorado. With that document in
hand, and another one given us by California DMV, we were then instructed
to take the car and truck on down to the local CHP office where they did a
visual numbers verification. Then, it was back to the California DMV, give
them the papers and some money, and they finally gave us some license
plates and a title. Whew!!!!...what a hassle

Oh yeah....the DMV would have done the numbers check, instead of sending us
to the CHP, 'cept Cindy did not yet know how to open the hood! What can I
say? I married a blonde. In her defense though...at the time the hood
release cable had no knob and required vise-grips to operate.

Anyway...I suspect Nevada will require you to go through a similar trip to
title your car. Be patient, the end results justify the aggravation.

Bill & Cindy
Santa Rosa, CA

98 Sea Ray 190 BR
96 Yellow Lab