Animal Collision was No LBC / Bill passed in Tenn.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
Subject: Animal Collision was No LBC / Bill passed in Tenn.
From: TYPE79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:59:58 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 03/04/99 19:03:58 you wrote:
My brother didn't know the law though, and so
>he went home with a dented fender, higher insurance and no venison.

Robert,
If your state's insurance regulations and policy forms are the same as CT,
"Animal Collision" is covered under the "Other Than Collision" aka
"Comprehensive" portion of your policy, not the "Collision" portion of the
policy. Therefore, an "Animal Collision" loss is not only subject to a lower
deductible but comp losses are not specifically "chargeable" events.

Unless he had numerous claims within the esperience period, this should not
have affected the cost of his insurance.

So, if your state's regs and policy forms are the same as CT and his loss was
processed under his "Collision" coverage, it was in error and he should contact
that insurance company and have them reopen the file.

Jay Fishbein, CT