Body work

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body work
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 20:18:29 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have spent the last week hanging out at the paint/body shop wet
sanding and otherwise preparing my car for painting.  What fun!  We have
been holding up lights and spraying some kind of liquid on the fenders
looking for imperfections and dents.  The paint shop owner says he
hasn't done this much prep work on a car in 7 years.  heh heh...I hope
it turns out good.  He is amazed anybody would want to put this much
work in an MG (he's a VW Bug guy).

Anyway, we have been doing some rust work on my hood (bonnet) that I got
for $10.  The very front on the underside has some rust, up under the
lip.  We etch-primed it, catalyze primed it, and then he sprayed this
stuff called "Car Wax," which is apparently made in Germany.  Anybody
heard of it?  He said he had heard good things about it
stopping/preventing rust, but had never used it before.  Then we poured
fiber-glass in there.  Hopefully all of that will at least slow the rust
down for awhile.

Whew!  We'll be finishing up the body work hopefully tomorrow night and
painting Tuesday. Well, I just wanted to post an update about what I've
been doing lately.  Thanks for listening!

adrian

'75 Midget making my arms hurt from sanding so much