Haynes was Re: Vizard

To: branch@valinet.com, CONAN@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Haynes was Re: Vizard
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:08:31 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/3/1999  12:50:52PM,  branch@valinet.com writes:

<< Vizard and the publisher (interestingly enought Haynes) >>

Hi List,

When Vizard's A-Series book was published (blue edition) and later revised &
updated (yellow edition) the editor for this book was a guy called Rod
Grainger.  He apparently was one of Haynes tuning experts.  A few years back
he left Haynes and set up his own publishers (Veloce) who went on to publish a
range of tuning books including ones on Spridgets, MGB engines, Weber Carbs,
A-Series and so on.  I would guess that Haynes don't have anyone of Rod's
calibre to edit Vizard's work now - but don't quote me, I may be wrong and it
is just a guess.

Finally, many years ago David (Vizard) told me that his A-Series book was
Haynes best seller (I think of all time).

Daniel 1312

PS:  Haynes do have a web site, as do Veloce