Which BRG???

To: "Spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Which BRG???
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 23:49:12 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Oh dear, another can of worms...

Just what is BRG?  Any green is BRG.  The original BRG is Napier Green from
the Gordon Bennett races and is a lightish green chosen in honour of the
host country, Ireland.  Light metallic green is Aston Martin BRG and Jaguar
BRG is close to black.  Just as any red Italian car is Italian racing red
any green British car is BRG.

Just for the record I owned a Bugeye that was a dark green called Guan
Green with a factory fitted tan interior.  Being CKDs Australian Bugeyes
don't conform to British standards, thank goodness.  At least they were
painted all over including under the rear deck where Horler says they're
primer.

Peter Westcott