Re: Classic Motorbooks (sprite color, etc.)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: Healeys@autox.team.net
To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: Classic Motorbooks (sprite color, etc.)
From: TYPE79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:52:05 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 03/12/99 12:02:27 you wrote:

>In a message dated 3/12/99 7:22:07 AM, WilKo@aol.com wrote:
>
><<I just found the old copy of British Car Magazine (oct, '93) with the story
>of
>Rob Garofalo's Sprite.
>The color is listed Leaf Green (the least common color for a sprite)
>Geoffrey Healey reportedly said of the 98 point gold level winner, "If I did
>not know better, I would say it just came off the production line.">>
>
>Just to sort out the colors, for the edification of big Healey owners and
>satisfaction of Sprite owners, the bug-eye Sprite type AN-5 was available in
>six colors: Cherry Red (rd4), Leaf Green (gn16), Old English White (wt3-which
>is the same Abingdon code number as for Ivory White), Iris Blue (bu12), Nevada
>Beige (bg4), and black (no code listed).  With the introduction of the AN6,
>the colors were changed radically, and those available were: Signal Red,
>Speedwell Blue, Highway Yellow, and Deep Pink (!!!), as well as Old English
>White, and black.
>
>That information is from the "Paint and Trim Color Chart for Austin Healey
>Sprite – MG Car Company, Abingdon, Berkshire."  And more definitive than that,
>I don't think you get.
>
>Just thought you all would want to know that before the weekend.
>Cheers
>Gary

Gary,
I'm on vacation and obviously am away from my materials, but your list is not
accurate.
Black was not available on the AN-5
You are missing one blue.
Yellow was available
Dark Green was offerred on AN-5's until Jnuary 1959
I know you ar meticulous in your research, but this time the information posted
in incorrect.

I would love to see this publication. If you would fax a copy of it to me I
would be happy to review it.

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6