Re: Fw: Sprite colors\ VIN lookup

To: "Mark Snowdon" <racer45@bellsouth.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Sprite colors\ VIN lookup
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:43:09 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 3/14/99 1:01 AM so and so (Mark Snowdon) said. (And I quote:)

>Robert Duquette wrote:
>>
>> Hey y'all!
>>
>> Red 'may' be faster but in this world there is a serenity that can be found
>> when you have your car 'green with you.
>>
>> Oh, I confused myself!  Is that when you have your green A car with you, ...
>> or when you have your car A'green with you?  Anyone agree'n with me?
>>
>> So, do we agree on red for speed and green for serenity?
>>
>> There used to be a rumour that there were some colours of cars that were
>> found statistically to be involved in more accidents and therefore insurance
>> rates would be higher.  What was it?  Green was the unconcious signal for
>> 'go' and so people didn't try to avoid you and red means stop and so they
>> did try to avoid you?
>>
>> You know, you could paint it a camoflage rust colour!
The only survey I remember stated that Yellow cars were involved in the
least accidents, and red, since it looks very dark at night, were the
most likely to be involved in a night-time accident. I don't recall the
rest of the stats but I beleive I saw it in R&T about 10 or so years ago.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?