Need Adapter for Temp Sensor

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need Adapter for Temp Sensor
From: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 18:22:46 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I just received a new combination water temp/oil pressure gauge, the correct
one for my car, Smiths GD 1502/01. Oops, not quite so easy as just putting
it in:

1. The water temp capillary tube came with a female fitting 5/8" 18 UNF, and
the fitting on the radiator is also female, looks like a slightly different
thread, maybe 9/16" 18 UNF. I need an adapter, the inside (rad) end would
have to have a bevelled end to seat properly, and the outside end would have
to be square cut to fit against the shoulder on the temp sensor bulb. Any
ideas where I could get such an adapter?

2. The water temp capillary tube lacks the wound protective wire, it's made
of a new wire core/plastic coated material. I would like to put wire on it
for appearances sake. Any suggestions as to what kind of wire would work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Frogeye