Re: Super Sprites

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Super Sprites
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:54:33 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Page 102 of More Healeys shows the 1100 Climax Super Sprite the Healeys
wanted to market.  Jack Brabham also did Climax conversions but I think
only on the MkII.  They also did a 1622 Sprite with the wheelbase extended
by 3".  Of course all sorts of things have been shoehorned into Sprites
probably the most extreme are the Corvette 327 drag car (seen in R&T?) and
the D type engined Sprite now living in Australia.  My recollection is that
in the 70's Spridgets were probably at their nadir so it wouldn't surprise
me if an enterprising dealer created his own 'Super Sprites' to help shift
them.

Peter Westcott