Re: New Guys

To: "MacLennan & Peirson" <camp@televar.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Guys
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 13:42:36 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Chuck,

I own, and in order of use to me:

1. Haynes Midget and Sprite shop manual
2. Bentley BL workshop manual
3. Horler's "Original Sprite and Midget"
4. David Vizard's "Tuning BL's A-Series Engine "
5. Daniel Stapleton's "How to Power Tune the Mg Midget & Austin-Healey Sprite"
6. Jim Tyler's "Mg Midget & Austin-Healey Sprite : Restoration,
Preparation, Maintenance"

Haynes or the BL manual are a must. Horler gives you an idea of how the car
was when new (surprisingly useful). The others are useful depending on what
you want to do with the resto.

Jeff

At 12:54 PM -0500 3/17/99, MacLennan & Peirson wrote:
> Greetings,
>      My son, 14 yo Charlie and I, 50+ Chuck, have been lurking for a month
> or so to try to get the feel of this.  We have a '67 Sprite that is to be
> Charlie's first car and are ready to embark on it's restoration.  I must
> say we're becoming much more confident as we observe the support available
> here.
>      In they way of our first question; what books/manuals are the best
> investments for this process?
> TIA,
> Chuck

Jeff Boatright  '65 Sprite MkIII   __o_\__
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/