Re: dyno (generator) demographics

To: "Shawn J. Tobin" <Shawn.Tobin@aud.alcatel.com>
Subject: Re: dyno (generator) demographics
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:15:29 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Shawn,
A generator can work just fine.  In my experience, it depends on teh
adjustment of the regulator.  My generator used to undercharge, then I
adjustaed it and it overcharged and the battery spits battery acid into
the engine compartment.  If you don't mind teh looks of a modern
alternator, I think that's what I would use.
Ulix

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Shawn J. Tobin wrote:

> How many folks are happy with their generators on a daily basis?
> I need a new regulator but may opt for a jap alt.
> I do most of my driving in town and in traffic.
> So, is a generator really viable in this scenario or is my vision clouded by
>       my faulty regulator?
> I don't run a radio.  I don't even have halogen headlamps (but I'd like to).
>

> Any opinions will be appreciated.
>
> Shawn
> '69 midget

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9