Hardtop questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Hardtop questions
From: Nory P <nory_midget@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:10:46 -0800 (PST)
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Now that I've unpacked my new/used hardtop, I have a few questions:

1.  Sanding:  I know nothing about working with fiberglas- Do I sand
out the scratches, just like any other material?  If I used a power
sander on it, do I have to be concerned about generating
heat/warping/melting/???

2.  Filling:  It doesn't look like it needs any, but just in case I
find one or two gouges that would need filling rather than sanding,
what should I use?

3.  Painting: Is any special type of paint required, or will ordinary
automotive paints and primers work just fine?

4.  Headliner:  It has a headliner, but it's coming off, and it looks
pretty old.  Any suggestions what to replace it with?

5.  Window:  The rear plexiglas window is scratched up pretty good.
If it was flat, I'd take the measurements to the hardware store for a
replacement, but it's curved, and the corners are rounded.  I'm
guessing the only way to get one is to take it out and have it
duplicated somewhere.  Any suggestions? Is that going to cost a small
fortune?

6.  Manufacturer:  It's made by Parrish Plastics in PA.  Does anybody
know if this place still exists?  Anybody ever heard of them?  Anybody
else have one of their hardtops?  (If so, I could use some instruction
on how it attaches at the side.  The front uses the same kind of
clamps as the soft top, but the side hardware looks kinda strange)

That's about it for now, I think....

==

***The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail, as
before, to Nory@webtv.net
-----NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the ONLY
problem.