Re: 1275 Distributor cap

To: edwin@fatherbrowne.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1275 Distributor cap
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:36:59 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 18/3/1999  3:24:07PM,  edwin@fatherbrowne.com writes:

<< Is there an alternative distributor cap I
 can use on a 1275 bugeye. The one I use is the type
 where the spark plug leads are screwed in from the
 inside of the cap. I would prefer to use push on leads
 so as I can use a set of better spark plug leads.

 If not what is the best plug lead cable to use for
 best preformance. >>

Hi Edwin,

I can't remember if you have to change to a later distributor or not (some
many different types were fited) but for sure, one way or another you can make
the swap - when you do, insist on a genuine LUCAS cap, they are better than
the reproductions, copies, remakes, etc.

Without a doubt the best leads are the new NOLOGY leads (nology.com) which are
very different from other leads.  Other than them, all the modern conventional
silicone leads are pretty decent.  If you want really decent spark energy you
might want to fit a sports coil.

Daniel1312