Re: Anti-Roll Bar

To: millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Anti-Roll Bar
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:14:35 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

I am currently rebuilding the front suspension on my 58 Sprite vintage
racer. This car had been a life-long racer before I got it last summer, and
I've noticed a few fixes for what appears to be recurring spridget
problems. One fix I noticed is exactly what you're talking about:

Two pieces of 1/4" steel with the appropriate bolt pattern were welded to
the frame where the anti-roll bar brackets mount. The mounting screws then
thread through the 1/4" steel plates and into the frame cross-member
yielding an extremely solid mount. From what I can see this repair on my
car is far from new and had never failed prior to the car's retirement.

Greg Schulz
58 Sprite Vintage racer
Cedarburg, WI

millerls@ado13.com on 03/19/99 02:16:05 PM