5 speed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 5 speed
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:08:41 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You know you're married to the right girl when you say shame-facedly "Well
dear, I went over redline one too many times on track day, and now the
engine needs to be rebuilt real soon" and she says, "You have to take it
out for that, right? Well, wouldn't this be the right time to put in that
Datsun 5-speed transmission you were talking about?"

So, I'm shopping for a Datsun 5 speed tranny. Anybody have sources? The
local recyclers seem to keep wanting to sell me $150 Datsun _B_210 trannies.

BTW, had a long conversation with Bill Perry of Rivergate. A real
gentleman, spent a lot of time on the phone, made a lot of suggestions.
He's prepping a conversion kit for Morris Minors, uses the 210 tranny, too.
I suspect that there will be no 210 trannies in junkyards soon.

Jeff

Jeff Boatright    __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html