Re: To everyone on the list: Virus Warning!!!!!!boundary="part0_92181102

To: <Metallian6@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To everyone on the list: Virus Warning!!!!!!boundary="part0_921811022_boundary"
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:00:17 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
We got this at work and it was checked out  - turned out to be a hoax
The clue to this is the warning that "opening
the E-mail will wipe your hard disk".  An E- mail itself could not do this,
only an attatchment could carry such a a virus.

No expert, but that's what the IT folk at work have said.
I guess the measure of success of the hoax is in the amount of e-mails that
it generates around the globe  - like this one !!
Guy