Re: To everyone on the list: Virus Warning!!!!!!boundary="part0_92181102

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To everyone on the list: Virus Warning!!!!!!boundary="part0_921811022_bou...
From: Metallian6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 17:23:34 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/20/99 3:10:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, Guy@weller-
lakes.freeserve.co.uk writes:

<< We got this at work and it was checked out  - turned out to be a hoax
 The clue to this is the warning that "opening
 the E-mail will wipe your hard disk".  An E- mail itself could not do this,
 only an attatchment could carry such a a virus.

Thank's for the info. I wasn't sure if a virus could carry in on something
other than an attachment. I will keep this in mind for future reference. Sorry
to those that I may have upset by sending this out in the first place. I will
use discretion in the future.

James
1962 A-H Sprite
Web site link:   <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>
1962 Austin-Healey Sprite Restoration</A>