Re: Pics of my baby

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pics of my baby
From: VolksPEZ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:43:43 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/22/99 12:01:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<< I appreciate the fact that you cut the stock windshield.  It looks much
 more like a Spridget than the racecars that have no windshield, just a 6
 ft. high roll bar...

when I got the car it had a small half moon windshield in front of the driver.
I agree with you (obviously) the 1/2 height windsheild looks much better and
luckily the glass was broken out of my parts car so I didnt feel I was killing
a real good windshield.  I am the 3rd owner locally of this car in race form
and folks who saw it befor are still amazed it is the same car.  Mechanically
the car was done up right, but with the typical racers mentality of cosmetics
being secondary...It was a long winter and I like my toys to look good too.
Filled numerous body holes (the cowl alone looked like swiss cheese and had to
be completely glassed over) filled seams.  Now granted it is still a race car
and it looks much better in photos than in person.  But as the saying goes in
only needs to look good from 5 rows up at 100 mph :)  I am told the local
british car show this year will have a race prepped catagory...so I guess that
will let me know how I did.