Re: Brake bleeding

To: toobmany@bigpond.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake bleeding
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:25:08 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/24/99 9:07:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
toobmany@bigpond.com writes:

<< Starting from the wheel furthest from the M/C is correct but bear in mind
 that tandem/ diagonally split circuits need to be bled diagonally ie:
 LR-RF, RR-LF.  This may've come up already... >>

I have a '77 Midget and I checked the Haynes and Bently manuals on brake
bleeding procedures.  Both suggest that the right side, both front and back be
done first.  It sounds like you open both bleeders at the same time, then
press the pedal to expel air.  Next you do the left side.  I can only think
that this keeps the warning switch in the center.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport