Update on 1962 Sprite tranny

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Update on 1962 Sprite tranny
From: Metallian6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 21:15:24 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Greetings list
I just pulled the tranny out of my Sprite today and took the side cover off. I
was amazed when I looked inside it. Everything appeared brand new. This is a
tranny that has been sitting inside the Sprite since 1977 doing nothing. I
checked the shift rods for play. With the tranny sitting on it side and cover
off looking in the first rod had very little play, the second rod in had even
less play, and the third rod in had no play. I would say the first rod had the
most play and guessing it was only 1/16 of an inch. I'm not sure on the exact
measurement cause I didn't have a ruler on hand. But anyway is this good or
bad or ok? Everyone has been very helpful with my questions and has given me
good advice. I would say subscribing to this list has been one of the smartest
things I've done yet. Thanks everyone.

James
1962 A-H Sprite
Web page link:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>
1962 Austin-Healey Sprite Restoration</A>