Re: Front Suspension

To: Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Suspension
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:44:34 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dave,
        This might help:
1. You can overfill shocks, but it will have no effect on stiffness,
they'll just leak as they get hot (oil expands)
2. If when you refilled you did not completely bleed the air out of the
shock, it will be very stiff to locked-up. Air trapped in the valves wont
allow them to open and you can't even move them on the bench. Recheck your
shock for air. Best done on the workbench rather than the car. The arm
should be able to move smoothly, slowly, and get stiffer at speed. Don't
drive it expecting it to loosen, 'cause it just might :-(
        Further details on request. Hope this helps. Peter C