Oil cooler

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil cooler
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:04:29 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Oil cooler question.
 Finally getting round to installing my oil cooler, oil thermostat, remote
filter, cool looking aircraft fittings, etc.
   I've mounted the cooler behind the grill about level with the water pump.
then a thought hit me.  Do I have to worry about oil siphoning out of the
cooler back into the pan when not running ?  The filter however is a little
lower then the stock one was.

 I ran the hoses up the front right corner (passenger side) where I had two
plugged grommets  that looked made for this.  I installed the thermostat
right here. The hoses pass through the sheet metal into the space behind the
grill. I used 5/8ths high pressure oil hose (350lbs)  Should I be concerned
with the hose collapsing? I'll have to review the oil flow in the A series.
(suck or push?)

Patrick Elliott
(916) 857 6420 *
(916) 803 3775 A