Re: rear brakes

To: DRDohm@aol.com
Subject: Re: rear brakes
From: Valentine <valntine@mail.ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 19:11:40 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
DRDohm@aol.com wrote:

> Listers,
> Ok, this may be a really simple question, but...
>
> Does the rear brake caliper assemply come completely out?  one of the pistons
> is frozen in the cylender...... what am I missing?

Don,

Your 72 souldn't have calipers on the back - just a wheel cylinder.

It is held in place with a small spring clip on the back of the backing
plate.  I bought new cylinders and they come with the clip to
reinstall.  The rear cyls are not expensive and getting "new" sure beats
trying to rebuild a frozen one.  You'll probably end up replacing it
soon after anyway....

Kevin