Re: Couple of questions

To: George Procyshyn <geopro@oh.verio.com>
Subject: Re: Couple of questions
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 20:52:25 -0400
Cc: sprite list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
George Procyshyn wrote:

> Frank
>
> Two things
> 1)I haven't heard anything more about the big SU you were trying to sort
> out. Any luck? (Or maybe I shouldn't have asked)

You should NOT have asked!!!

> 2)It's interesting to know that you were successful in getting the A40
> exhaust fitted at Midas.  You failed to let us know what this cost you?
> Mind sharing the price?

After the guys were all done playing with the A40 they only charged me
$106.
($100 + 6% tax)
They also listed the stock exhaust system for a 59 Austin A40 but mine
does not have the stock engine or manifold.
I told them I wanted the car to sound like some quite car in the next
bay (modern)
They told me it had to have an "exhaust note" so they picked thru
several mufflers until everybody liked the way it sounds. One was too
loud, one was too quite, another didn't hang right. The one on the car
looks like it belongs, and sounds "unique" there is an exhaust note to
it but a nice old car type kind of sound.
The whole thing was like a game to the guys in the shop. They were
teaching the kid how to make bends, when he came back with the wrong
bend they told him to get another pipe and showed him on the car where
it had to be bent. I think I made their day, all this and a lifetime
warranty on the muffler too!!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ