Re: windshield and rubber - huh?

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: windshield and rubber - huh?
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 22:33:28 -0700
Cc: jaybird@isoc.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ed,
    " Posidriv " is the brand name of this type of fastener.  It is similar to
the Philips head screw.  The Phillips head was designed so that the screw driver
would "roll" out of the slots if too much pressure were put on it during
installation.  The Posidriv was designed with more parallel and square sides in
its slots for the express purpose of being able to accept extreme pressure from
the Posidrive screwdriver.  Snap-on sells Posidriv driver bits like the ones for
electric screwdrivers or you can put it in a socket made for driver bits.  BTW<
VB sells the majority of there replacement screws for the Bugeye in the form of
Posidriv screws.  I'm told some British cars used Posidriv fasteners
throughout.  Excuse the long winded explanation, during my former career as a
Mechanical Designer,
I got to know all kinds of fasteners intimately and even had a few gigs
designing them.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite