[BOUNCE spridgets@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from ["Scott

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [BOUNCE spridgets@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from ["Scott Lewis" <ammeq@ibm.net>]]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:37:33 -0600 (MDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
     Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:53:06 -0400
     From: "Scott Lewis" <ammeq@ibm.net>
     Subject: on the road

Hi group.

I picked up a 60 Bug Eye in late December but just got it on the road and
actually drove it for the first time this week. Just like to offer a report
on my "find".  You can see it at www.eyequip.com/bugeye.

We worked over the brakes, torqued the head, adjusted the valves, front and
rear bushings, new tires, etc, nothing major, just a basic tighten up to see
what was what.   On the highway and had it up to 75 and it was smooth as
silk with virtually no rattles, etc.

It has 38K miles and incredibly apparently almost everything works. So far
only the problems (?)....... Broken mirror, two bad tag light bulbs, the
ignition light (bad bulb) and the windshield washer barely pumps :~).
Everything else is working and I can't believe it. Dash lights, generator
tach, turn indicators. The synchro for second gear is not great so I have to
deal with that in the future.

The car came with the soft top, tonneau, original jack, original handbook,
etc. It even has a hard top with glass rear window!! Just a few spots of
rust as it has been garaged since birth. All the chrome is in great shape.
The previous owner had it since 1967. I am the third owner.

Questions

What type of grease should I us on the tach and speedo cable?
Should the dipstick have something to hold it firmly in place? Mine just
drops in with no tension.
The choke wants to drift back. Some one told me I should be able to twist it
to lock it in position. Is this true?
Has anyone installed a three point seatbelt as illustrated below?
Does anyone have the following? A front generator mounting bracket, a fuse
block cover (is there one, maybe not), and the little "spring" that keeps
tension at the wiper-wiper arm connection.
Also I badly need a mounting bracket for the clip that the hood prop rod is
stored in.   I have posted some drawings below.  The bracket is not for sale
from the catalogues.

Please e mail sl@eyequip.com if you have these parts for sale, etc.

Scott Lewis