RE: Timing Chain Noise?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, "'TMHEFFRON@aol.com'" <TMHEFFRON@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Timing Chain Noise?
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:43:58 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Take off the valve cover, take out the spark plugs, put car in gear, rock
car back and forth slowly while watching the rockers and fan. If you see
allot of crank movement before you get any valve / rocker movement, you have
a very stretched timing chain.
 Maybe, with the plugs out and in neutral you could grab the main pulley a
do this by hand. Might be able to feel the slop.