Alternator light

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator light
From: "Ric Bergstrom" <Ric_Bergstrom@britishcarclub.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 19:43:22 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Last week I posed the question about rebuilding an alternator.  This
week I have a rebuilt lucas alternator ($65 at Advance) installed
and putting out proper voltage measured across the battery
terminals.....but no alternator light when the car is not running,
but ignition on.

Any ideas?  I have checked the wiring harness at the alternator and
all is well.

It works fine...but will leave me stranded one day when it stops
working and I don't notice until the lights go out!

Richard Bergstrom, President
Central Virginia British Car Club
Richmond VA
We welcome all British Cars in the Central Virginia Area
E-mail me for details!