Re: Gas tank question

To: Metallian6@aol.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank question
From: Christian Stanton <cstanton@pixley.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 20:11:09 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You will eventually wind up with problems.  The rust that is there will create
a fine silt in the bottom of the tank which will eventually clog up your fuel
filter and fill up the bottom of the float bowls.

I lined my tank with the kit from J.C. Whitney.  Worked well, but blow out the
fuel pick up tube before the stuff sets up. (I spent an hour trying to blow
this out until I figure out to put a drop or two of MEK down the tube first.
The tank liner paint is based on MEK.)

Now the inside of the tank is white and the fuel is so clean you could drink
it....

>>> <Metallian6@aol.com> 04/07/99 05:14PM >>>
I looked in my gas tank and noticed rust. It's not that bad, it's in patches
and still light. Is there anything I can use to get rid of the rust or should
I buy a new gas tank?

James
1962 A-H Sprite
Web site links: