Welded Wheel Studs follow-up

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Welded Wheel Studs follow-up
From: Bob Spruck <Bspruck@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 18:29:22 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A little while ago I asked the list about the advisability of welding loose
7/16" wheel studs on my '67 Midget vintage racer. I got a lot of replys,
all of which were helpful and the majority of which said "go for it".

I did and every thing seems to have worked out real well. I used a local
one man, country muffler shop who had done some welding before. The guy is
an artist. For $20 I got eight front hub studs welded, my self-designed and
-fabricated engine lifting bracket welded, and the downlink for my street
Midget front swaybar welded where it had been rubbing on the flange of the
A-arm. I bolted the hubs (less rotors) to spare wheels so the studs would
be welded in the right perspective and wouldn't move with the heat.

Barring any problems on the track at the Mitty in April, I think the advise
and the job worked. Thanks all.

Bob