1500 was Re: APT Heads

To: TGElliott@infoave.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 was Re: APT Heads
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:53:28 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 16/4/1999  1:54:59AM,  TGElliott@InfoAve.Net writes:

<<
 You wrote that you were 1 of 2 to have the 1500 head job at APT.  Did you
 like it?  Did it give a noticeable power increase? Also what other engine
 mods have you done to your 1500?  I am very eager to know.  Ever have any
 problems with the dreaded thrust washers giving out?
 David mentioned something about pinning them.

 Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I have 3- 1500 midget engines(no
 spitfire serial #'s,,, I know they are the same engine, but Mine are from
 MIDGETS NOT SPITS)  although I love all LBC's some more than others.
 Getting back to the engines, i have room and the parts to experiment with.

Hi Travis,

I may not have been as clear as I intended.  I was one of the two who
recommended APT      BUT     not one of the few who have had a 1500 engine
built by APT.  From what I can tell the only real reason the 1500 is less
tuneable than the A-Series is that it just never had all the development and
after market attention.  I think you can take that whatever David Anton is
said is correct (but not quite Gospel because gospel means Good News!).  I
would expect that a decent head, a mild cam and headers will yield enough
power for a fast road car.

Finally, like you, because I am interested in the 1500 engine I would like to
hear of anyone's experience tuning this engine.

Daniel1312