Throttle Linkage

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Throttle Linkage
From: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:52:45 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Any ideas on how to increase the travel of the throttle linkage on a Bugeye?
With the pedal on the floor I still have about 3/4" of throttle shaft
movement left at the carb. There is no slack in the cable.

Only way I can see is to bend the double "L" rod that connects the gas pedal
to the cable. If I do that the pedal will probably not meet the rod anymore
or it will meet at a crappy angle.

I guess if this is the only way, I can live without the gas pedal.

Speaking of the double "L" linkage rod, does anyone have one they want to
part with?

Larry Miller