Choke Pull - 62 Midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Choke Pull - 62 Midget
From: "Kathleen O'Neill" <Kathleen.Oneill@quantum.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:49:32 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
        948 CC engine with pull choke cable.

        Am replacing a later model choke cable with original choke cable.

        - Original choke cable is on far right of the dash - threads around
front of battery, through the bracket type holder on the carburetor to the
throttle pull held by the inner pull wire or the cable with a screw trunion.

        All threaded together and mounted.  Try to pull the cable knob and
it won't budge.  Only if I pull up the throttle by hand, can I pull out the
cable on the dash.  (two person job - my arms aren't that long).

        Is there magic here.  I had fastened the screw trunion when the pull
knob was in all the way and the throttle in the closed position.  Do I need
to install it with the pull knob out with the throttle open?  I don't know
what I am doing wrong and am frustrated.  Every time I mess with the cable,
the end gets frayed and I end up snipping some of the precious length.  Any
words of wisdom?

      Cable does pull when it doesn't have a lot of resistence - so don't
really think it is a matter for                oil - but maybe so?