Re: post office

To: ERIC080@aol.com
Subject: Re: post office
From: Dave Miles <davemiles2sonaz@uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 21:35:56 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Eric,

I don't know where you are a Postmaster, but I too can speak
from experience.  I was employed by USPS for four years and
my wife still works there.  I have never experienced such a
ridiculous system in 20 years of government service and
several in teaching.

Why ridiculous?  The longer you work at USPS, the more money
per hour you make and the less work you perform.  Workers
know that there is very little that supervisors can do to
force them to perform their work.  In fact, many stretch
their work out to force overtime, knowing that their $18 to
$20 an hour will increase up to 100%.  Express mail couriers
lie about delivery times to show they delivered packages on
time. Priority mail that the PO brags about in commercials
is not guaranteed to arrive sooner than 1st class and
routinely arrives after fourth class mail.  It takes four
days for a 1st class letter to go across town from a
business to me.  And that is not once, but every time they
mail to me.  Complaints to the local Postmaster go in the
circular file, or somewhere else, since I have never even
received a reply to the formal complaints I have filed
continuously over the years.

I'm glad you think priority mail is good, but then you are
part of management and have to buy into the business or you
would never have reached your lofty position.  I on the
other hand was simply a cog in a wheel while working for the
PO, and I absolutely avoid them whenever I can.  I look
forward to the day when we can simply eliminate them when
e-mail and internet services overcome snail mail.

Nothin' personal Eric, but the Post Office just plain ol'
sucks.  Always has, always will, until its privatized.

Dave Miles
Tucson, AZ