RE: V8 Sprite article

To: "'Frmjr45@aol.com'" <Frmjr45@aol.com>, dthompson@gbc.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: V8 Sprite article
From: "Nevard, Chris" <Chris.Nevard@bskyb.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:10:02 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Take alook at this:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub/mightymidget.html

Just in case you already haven't;-)

Chris Nevard
Personal Homepages:
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~spridget

-----Original Message-----
From: Frmjr45@aol.com [mailto:Frmjr45@aol.com]
Sent: 20 April 1999 21:11
To: dthompson@gbc.ca; spridgets@autox.team.net

In a message dated 99-04-20 10:10:42 EDT, dthompson@gbc.ca writes:

<<
 Saw an old issue of Hot Rod magazine for sale on Ebay. Has an article in it
 on V8 Sprite. Not going to buy it but would be interested in seeing how
that
 was done.

Hi Daniel,   I remember that article.  The guy stuffed in a 283 Chevy
complete with powerglide.  There was a huge transmission hump in the car
with
practically no room for your feet.  He made the brake pedal the gas and the
clutch the brake.  I remember the article saying there was so much torque
that he kept blowing rear ends out of it.  I can't remember what diff he
finally put in it that lasted.
       I also need to put in my 2 cents about the Postal Service.  I just
need someone to tell me about one of my publications and where it goes on
its
way to my house sometimes.  The Area Auto Racing News is mailed every
Tuesday
at the same time at Dated Publication rates from Trenton, NJ.  I live near
Baltimore.  Sometimes it gets to me the next day(Weds.), sometimes it takes
one or two weeks.  Where does it go??  No one has ever been able to explain
it to me at the Post Office.  There is a guy in Philadelphia (even closer
yet) who has the same problem.  Sorry I got started on this.
Russ Mullaly
Ellicott City,Md.
1962 Midget