Re: Aluminum Head

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aluminum Head
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:37:44 EDT
Cc: danton@aptfast.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 22/4/1999  7:18:50PM,  froggi@cdsnet.net writes:

<< Does anyone know where and by whom the A-Series aluminum head is
 manufactured?  Secondly, will it accept the large valves as will the 12G
 940 head?  Seen any flow test or know about its capacity?  Are you using
 one?

 Herb

It is manufactured by pbseng.com for pierce manifolds as Ulix posted.
Supposedly it will take 38mm inlet 32mm exhaust (1.482in & 1.248) without
offsetting.  The only flow figures are for the head in its standard form
which means nothing because the port sizes are not quoted.  It weighs 13lb
built up with standard valves.  PBS Eng have only done flow figures for a
bare casting.  With standard valves the chamber size is 23cc.  The price, at
least over here, (ought to be cheaper in the USA) is about £750 for a stock
fully assembled head!

I am also interested to hear what anyone else knows of this head and I have
heard that David Vizard was planning to take a look at one.  If he does and
writes up a magazine feature in the USA I would be grateful for details of
the publication.

Finally, I have copied this e-mail to David Anton at APT.

Daniel1312