Re: Re:clutch was FW: MG Ownership Message

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <tmason@Trane.com>
Subject: Re: Re:clutch was FW: MG Ownership Message
From: "Bruce Woodward" <brucewoodward@kconline.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:39:41 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I used the gravity method of bleeding my slave:

1.  top off the resavoir (duh, can't remember how to even spell it!),

2.  open the bleed valve

3.  drink a coupla beers

4.  close valve

5.  top off resivore  (duh)

6. wait 12 hours before driving (has nothing to do with air in line, but
bubbly in the head!)

This method was mentioned on the spridget list and unintentionally worked as
I opened the valve for some reason and the phone rang.

I then tried it on the brakes as I had emptied the resovore  (still trying)
while had the motor, tranny & rear end all removed at the same time.  I was
stunned it worked!

bruce@woodward-realty.com

>> Phil Vanner wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello Spridgeteers:
>> >
>> > I got this message via the MG enthusiasts web site. Tony is not
on the
>> > list, so please make sure you include him in any replies. He
lives near me
>> > so I plan to head over and take a look at it, but I want any
advice I can
>> > get. What do we suppose this is? What's a good plan of attack?
>> >
>> > Phil Vanner
>> > Mk1 Midget

Enthusiasts
>> > Web Site at http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber
>> >
>> > Member tmason who is Mr. Tony Mason sent the following
>> > message to you:

**
>> > Dear MG Enthusiast,
>> > Hi Phil,
>> > I am feverishly trying to get my '74 Midget on the road after
about five
>> > years of being garaged.  I am having some trouble getting the
clutch to
>> > work.  I've tried bleeding the system and that hasn't worked but
I can't
>> > think of anything else it could be.  Te car was driveable before
the
>> > teardown.  The only thing I did with the clutch was replace the
throwout
>> > bearing and overhaul the master and slave cylinders.  Have you
heard of any
>> > hints? I'm local if you get this message. My phone # is 651-xxx-
xxxx
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Yours octagonally,
>> > Mr. Tony Mason
>> > email: tmason@Trane.com

**

mxp@mgcars.org.uk

>> --
>> 52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
>> 60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby
>> http://www.softcom.net/users/walters
>> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/4644

___/__|__