Re: brake squeal

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: brake squeal
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 22:59:37 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff Boatright wrote:

> I can't take it anymore! My brakes (front discs) squeal like crazy. I apply
> the anti-squeal goo on the pad backs, all is well for a few days, then back
> to squealing.  I'm thinking of adding anti-squeal shims or trying the Luca
> anti-squeal strips (foil-lined self adhesive strips). Does anyone have
> experience with either potential solutions?

Jeff

Find asbestos pads! Those new "environmentally safe" pads squeal like
crazy, nothing works. You should not have to use goop on brakes, at
least I never did until somebody came up with a "better" pad.
I have a set, almost drove me nuts, old stock from now on for me!
No more VB pads, the ones I got from Peter C fixed my squeal without
goop.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ