Re: New pics

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: Re: New pics
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:48:28 -0400
Cc: "'Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks!  The color is Black Tulip.  In fact, it IS a BMC/BL color, which showed
up in the 1973/1974 era.  Very few Midgets were painted the color, mostly BGTs
and a few B's and, still not even many of those.  Another closely related color
is Aconite, but beware, it is Barney purple.  Black Tulip is not original for my
car, neither my particular car or my car's year.

It is also a 1995 BMW color, similarly named, although I can't remember it at
the moment.  When we cross-referenced the color for mixing, the mixture was
listed for the BMW.  I saw a '73 or '74 B painted this color about the time I
was trying to decide on a color for my car (totally stripped shells--both paint
and parts--can be painted whatever color we want!) and was smitten (I was full
of smit).  Anyway, I hope it turns out ok!

adrian

"Hanna, Mark" wrote:

> Thanks for sharing the pictures with us . It is very encouraging to see
> other people plugging along part way through a rebuild / restoration ,
> making real progress . Also - Nice color ! Is that a BMC /BL color ? I won't
> say what I think about most stock colors , other than that the best thing
> about them is that their original . (Shields UP)
> Good Job Adrian !
> Mark Hanna
> AN5L/13731

J. Adrian Barnes