Dead Fuel Pumps

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Dead Fuel Pumps
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:28:27 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi All,

So much for new fuel pumps.  I was runnign a electronic icecube type
pump.  "Was" is the word to note.  My fuel pump died yesterday, so I
ended up pushing her into our church parking lot and left her overnite.
Thank God it happened close to home, we are taking her to Monterey this
weekend.  The pump only lasted a year, has me questioning whether a I
want to put in a new one.

I Have a new SU pump I might replace her with.  I also am set up with
three rebuildable SU pumps aquired here and there.

I did find a quick fix.  I was dreading the thought of going under the
car in the church parking lot, no jack stands, no Jack.  Can't reach the
pump from the wheel well.  It occured to me, to disconnect the fuel
filter under the bonnet, and put the spare pump there until I get home.
Worked like a charm and I didin't have to crawl around under a car in
the church parking lot.

Cheers

Rick
--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby