HELP PLEASE from the engine buffs.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: HELP PLEASE from the engine buffs.
From: SirIanOfCa@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 22:33:23 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thankyou all for your help and info and advice etc regarding the 948 I am
rebuilding.The block is off at the machine shop and I look forward to getting
it together soon.

I have just recently acquired a pile of 1275 engines and transmissions and am
starting to work my way through stripping them down to have a look.I have no
LBC to drive for the next little while so Saturday and Sunday relaxation is
spent stripping motors in the garage.

A few questions if I may.

Is there a bit of a better guide to rebuilding 948s 1098s and 1275s out there
something a little bit better and more informative than the standard Haynes
manual?

Whilst stripping a 1275 today I noticed that the pistons have stamped on the
top the following.

                                           M2210       U42.
Does this mean anything significant? I have stripped plenty of other motors
etc but I have always seen .20 or .40 stamped on the top.I havent measured
the bores/pistons yet and call me naive but could this mean this motor is
stock?
The number on the engine is 12CJ / DA / H  35531 Can anyone tell me an approx
year this motor was manufactured?

Sorry to trouble you all with all this but I have bought several books etc
lately none seem to be what I really need If anyone could recommend any good
books I would very much appreciate it.

By the way Any west coasters planning to go to the Palo Alto Show this year?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.