RE: Missing Balls....

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Subject: RE: Missing Balls....
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 18:53:41 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
All this talk of.. well missing balls, reminds me of my current problems.
As you may or may not recall, I lost a circlip on the front yoke which then
threw a u-joint cup,  allowing the u-joint to shift to one side throwing
everything way out of balance. All at about 4000 rpm.  I got the car home on
a trailer and up on jack stands.
 When I pulled the drive shaft out about six inches of the transmission tail
case came with it. A nice clean break.  Ouch..
Now the missing ball tie in...   When I pulled the oil drain plug out. Three
ball bearings and something that looks like a big roller bearing plopped out
with the oil.
 Would now be a good time for that 5 speed?