Re: Front Wheel Bearings...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings...
From: "andy webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 13:29:31 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
When you tighten that nut to blazes, dosen't the wheel become harder to
rotate? I seem to remember it doing so.
Incidently , I did driver side front wheel bearing last year and they seemed
to have free play in them from the word go..not as much as the old ones but
noticeable.
I thought tapered roller bearings would be the go, but someone told me that
they cause stub axle breakage.....true/false...anyone?
andy