late 50's AH sprite rescued

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: late 50's AH sprite rescued
From: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 21:41:26 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi listers,

I am from the other side of the fence, being an MG person, but I just
found out that you have a spridget list also.
I have, for the past 3 years, attempted to get a local garage to sell me
an old AH bugeye sprite that has been sitting there in the lot...
every time I went to inquire about the car so that I could rescue it
from a rusty grave, the owner gave me some song and dance about how one
of his mechanics wanted to restore it for his wife...

Well, on friday, I went in again presuming that my actions would be in
vain when the owner lit up and said "hey, good thing you came in...the
junkyard was going to come and pick that thing up on monday"
so, he is selling it to me...

I can't stand to see these cars go to the big wrecking yard in the sky,
so I am going to buy it and pay to have it towed to my garage so that I
can get a better look at the serial numbers, etc..however
I will need help to determine what year the car is and other info....
why I joined the list in addition to the MG list which I have been a
member for a couple of years.

I will also be looking for someone who will be able to use this car for
a restoration ( I think it is still restorable, however, I have only
restored one MG and I am in the process of restoring my A), I am just
trying to 1. save this car, 2. help someone in the northern Va, MD, DC
area that will be able to use this car and 3. help fund my MG
restoration.

so, if anyone is interested, Keep your fingers crossed, and hope that on
Monday when I call this guy to arrange for towing, that he keeps to his
word.....

I am keeping mine crossed, it has been a long battle...

cheers and i hope to hear from you..

kevin Richards

62 MGA in lots of pieces
hopefully a 5? AH sprite.....