electrical stuff

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: electrical stuff
From: David Christman <dpc@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:09:12 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a few questions about some of the electrical
components on spridgets:

1) What is the expected lifetime of a Lucas distributor?  In
the Vizard book he mentions that the bearings wear out
quickly.  Any experience with modifications?

2) If one wanted to replace a generator with an alternator,
is the 72-74 midget setup a good option?  I have noticed that there
has been some discussion of alternators from other cars being adapted.

3) Is the stock starting motor adequate for a 9.5:1 CR engine?
I have seen other starting motors adapted for spridgets.

Thanks.