Re: Strange Grinding Rattle

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Strange Grinding Rattle
From: toyman@htcomp.net
Date: Mon, 10 May 99 20:25:36 +0000
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> robert weeks wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > My Midget has developed a new noise. It's a strange grinding rattle from
> > the engine compartment that starts at 3000 rpm.
>
> > Any ideas?

   Robert,Hey

   Had a similar experience about 2-3 months ago myself.Had finshed restoring
my wifes 68 Sprite and was on my way to show it off when I got this very
horrible noise under the bonnet.It turned out to be the Brass Bushing at the
back of the armature in the generator,about a$1.00 part so hey it can't hurt to
put one in and it don't take to long.and if it isn't it your not out much cash
and about an hour labor.best o luck

   Brad Fornal
   toyman@htcomp.net
   68 Sprite