Re: Master Cylinder

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:27:49 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/11/99 4:58:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< Anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the thick nylon washer behind the
 first circlip on a Spridget dual line master cylinder. The passageway
 forward of it is clear and there aren't any signs of rust. The piston moves
 easily, but the washer won't budge. I'd like to remove it without damaging
 it. Compressed air maybe? >>

I gave up when I got to that point and bought a rebuilt from Advance Auto
Parts.  I've read on the list that you have to replace the washer anyway when
you rebuild, so have at it!

You might want to check the archive of the list for the previous posts, which
were numerous.  http://listquest.com/hobbies/automobiles/british

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget