RE: O2 sensor,was CFR engine

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: RE: O2 sensor,was CFR engine
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 18:07:29 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The sensor will only read correctly when it is hot. That's why ot needs to
be mounted close to the head.  On my Fiat, which has a header, I want to
mount it in the collector and that's why I will go with a heated sensor.
The cheapest heated one I've found was around $45 I think.

Ulix

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Hanna, Mark wrote:

> Hi Ulix ,
> I've read about single wire , 2 wire , and 3 wire sensors . Can you
> enlighten us ? Are you mounting
> it in the down pipe because it is not a heated o2 sensor ?
> Thanks ,
>             Mark Hanna
>             AN5L/13731

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9