Re: Ignore the 'How do you get the tach apart question

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignore the 'How do you get the tach apart question
From: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 19:26:38 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well ... mixed success!  I didn't find plugs.  I did get the carbs improved.
That's good for a start and gives me a bit more confidence.  She's a bit
more peppy now!  The wires were reversed on the coil (and this caused the
tach to have life).  Got the wires around properly and the tach went dead.
Messed around behind the dash and unplugged the white wire bullet connectors
on either side of tach and reversed them.  Tach springs back to life and is
more stable than it has ever been.  Purchased a hand held tach / dwell
tester and it doesn't work :(.  So I calibrated the tach to idle at 800 ?
But, can this be right?
4th gear - 50 mph - 2000 rpm;